Time to get a bit more political… October 6, 2008Posted by Mongo in Politics.
Tags: Barack Obama, Democrats, Economic Crisis, Illinois, Joe Biden, Poverty
add a comment
I should be clear that no personal offense is meant to friends, family or anyone in particular in this writeup. I just happen to share the same observations and opinions of millions upon millions of smart Americans who are hoping for better lives, a better economy and a better country, but don’t want to see the WRONG type of change take over the White House.
The common adage is to avoid discussing religion and politics unless you want to cause trouble. I completely agree, but usually manage to find myself unnecessarily stirring it up at times – which is funny as I don’t necessarily consider myself a very political person (or religious for that matter). However, there comes a time when some things really need to be said. Admittedly I felt that the Republicans sort of shot themselves in the foot with the latest regime, and that their well-documented faults would open the door for a potentially more liberal, Democrat-run country. However, I’m consistently amazed at the some of the blatant ignorance and somewhat blind faith that many Democrats have embraced with an unqualified candidate during this election year. Some are people I know pretty well, who are all educated and generally well-off financially. Mind-boggling at times to be sure, but in a way understandable as the Bush years haven’t exactly helped the GOP. Still, when you dig into the facts and qualifications, making the Socialist/Dem choice is confusing as it really doesn’t seem to be the right choice for our country.
When listening to Barack Obama talk about “change” and pretty much blame the Republicans for all of society’s ills, you have to wonder if he’s really taken a good, hard look into the mirror that reflects himself and the many illusions within the Democratic party. I’ll share with you a few links and tidbits of information that really should not and can not be ignored:
First of all, take a look at this video titled “Burning Down The House: What Caused Our Economic Crisis?”
It is an informative look at factors that are causing our current financial and economic crisis, dating back 13 years ago. Seems that many Democrats are quick to blame the other side for all these woes without considering some of the underlying facts that have led to this demise. Outside of a 911 catastrophe, these things just don’t happen overnight.
Perhaps you find the above video too partisan? Well, feel free to watch this one, and the title speaks for itself:
“Shocking Video Unearthed Democrats in their own words Covering up the Fannie Mae, Freddie Mac Scam that caused our Economic Crisis”
Is is not just these videos that should determine who is qualified to run our country, but to deny the facts that are reported is truly a scary-ignorant thing to do.
Here’s a few other interesting stats . . . yes, you must agree that change indeed is needed . . .
10 Poorest Cities in the USA
What do these top ten cities with the highest poverty rate all have in common?
– Detroit, MI (1st on the poverty rate list) hasn’t elected a Republican mayor since 1961;
– Buffalo, NY (2nd) hasn’t elected one since 1954;
– Cincinnati, OH (3rd)…since 1984;
– Cleveland, OH (4th)…since 1989;
– Miami, FL (5th) has never had a Republican mayor;
– St. Louis, MO (6th)….since 1949;
– El Paso, TX (7th) has never had a Republican mayor;
– Milwaukee, WI (8th)…since 1908;
– Philadephia, PA (9th)…since 1952;
– Newark, NJ (10th) … since 1907.
Einstein once said, “The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again, and expecting different results.” It is the disadvantaged who eagerly elect Democrats, yet are still disadvantaged….
In closing, I’ll leave you with a bit on the Illinois Democrats, which of course includes Obama:
– In the last six months 292 have been murdered in Chicago.
– The state pension fund is $44 Billion in debt, worst in country.
– Cook County (Chicago) sales tax is 10.25%, highest in country.
– The Chicago school system one of the worst in country.
– Senators Barack Obama & Dick Durbin, Rep. Jesse Jackson Jr., Gov. Rod Blogojevich, House Speaker Mike Madigan, Atty. Gen. Lisa Madigan & Mayor Richard Daley are the Democratic leadership in Illinois . . . and all Democrats are, of course, blaming each other. They can’t blame Republicans since there aren’t any!
This is the political culture that Obama comes from in Illinois….and he’s “gonna fix Washington politics”? Please. Hey, don’t take my word for it, just listen to what his VP running mate, Joe Biden, had to say about Obama earlier this year…while he also endorses McCain. All the explanations in the world can’t help them get around this fact…